In this Gulf Tide Vacation Rentals guide, we invite you to explore the wonders of Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, a coastal gem within Florida’s stunning Emerald Coast. We are always here for our guests to offer inside tips on the Florida Emerald Coast and exceptional vacation rentals in Destin, FL. Enjoy Destin beach house rentals featuring options with a private pool, Gulf Coast views, and golf cart rentals. We can’t wait to share our sparkling emerald and white paradise with you!
Top 9 Activities at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Bicycling: Enjoy a delightful bike ride across paved trails to the beach or Campbell Lake. There are bike rentals available at the Topsail Hill Preserve State Park store.
- Fishing: Enjoy an angler’s paradise with plenty of freshwater and saltwater fishing spots. Catch pan fish, freshwater catfish, and bass in one of the park’s coastal dune lakes. Or try your luck catching king mackerel, redfish, Spanish mackerel, and pompano on 3.2 miles of remote beach.
- Birding: Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is one of the spots featured on the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail and features over 15 miles of trails ample with bird-watching opportunities and stunning photos. Take a gander at red cardinals, red-shouldered hawks, ospreys, Eastern bluebirds, and threatened bird species such as piping plovers and snowy plovers.
- Paddling/Kayaking: Paddle through the Gulf of Mexico on an adventure you and your travel companions will treasure forever.
- Geo Seeking: Search for treasures big and small geocaching at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park.
- Beach: Take a swim in the sparkling emerald-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. There are 3.2 miles of white quartz sand and emerald water beaches. From the day-use parking area, a tram will shuttle visitors to the beach. You can also walk or bike to the beach on the shared trail.
- Hiking: Explore the Topsail Hill Preserve State Park on over 15 miles of marked hiking trails. Just some of the exciting sights you’ll see on your hiking journey include coastal dune lakes, turpentining industry remnants from as far back as the 1800s, gopher tortoises roaming around longleaf pine trees, carnivorous plants, JB-2 rocket development program remnants from World War II, and more!
- Restaurant and Concessions: The campground store offers beach, watersports, bike, and beach cart rentals. You can also purchase t-shirts, ice cream, and snacks. The Kith & Kin Café offers gourmet sandwiches, pastries, smoothies, tea, and locally sourced coffee. There are plans to offer wine, beer, and live music here in the future.
- Picnicking: Enjoy a lovely picnic at one of the tables scattered throughout Topsail Hill Preserve State Park. There are two picnic pavilions in the Campbell Lake area.